What is your library worth to you?
How much would you pay out-of-pocket for your library services?
- Enter in the left hand column the number of times per month you or your family use each service.
- Estimated retail value of each service will be calculated on the right.
- Total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
- Tip: Tab between entries and do not use commas.
The calculator above has been adapted from the spreadsheet
(which requires either Microsoft Excel or the Excel Viewer
) originally provided by the Massachusetts Library Association
and then adapted for the web by Chelmsford Public Library
. Maine State Library added extra accessibility coding and reformatting for ease of reading online. How these figures were calculated
- How to customize and use on your local library web site.
- Feel free to link to this calculator for patrons wherever your library is.