- Conversation Project--A State of Change--Oct. 30, 7 p.m.The next Conversation Project event is Thursday, October 30, 7-8:30 p.m. in the Flora Room. A State of Change: Oregon’s Evolving Identities: Beginning with Oregon’s various historical identities, Richard Etulain will lead participants to consider their own definition of our state’s identity, our role in it, and how that might help us understand its past, present and future. This event is presented by the Estacada Area Arts Commission and the library. FREE!2014-10-29 13:36:29
- Earthquake Preparedness: Friends Lecture Series 11/13The next lecture in the Friends of Estacada Library Lecture Series is "A Whole Lotta Shakin' Will be Going On: Earthquakes, Oregon & Preparedness," November 13, 2014, 7 p.m. in the Flora Room. The lecture is presented by Dave Bugni, P.E., S.E. & Critical/Emergency Building Task Group member of the Oregon Resilience Plan. The event is free and open to all.2014-10-28 10:22:50
- Oldtime Fiddlers Assn. Jams November 16The Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers' Association invites you to join them for old time fiddle and dance music at the library on the third Sunday of each month. They take place from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Flora Room. This event is open to both players and spectators. Musicians who play fiddle, guitar or other acoustic string instruments are welcome. All levels of experience are invited.
Upcoming dates are Novermber 16 and December 21.
These events are FREE and open to the public.2014-09-29 12:33:42
- Join Friends of the Estacada Public LibraryOur library now has a Friends group! Friends of the Estacada Public Library is already planning events and projects to help promote and support our library. You can get involved by 1) becoming a member 2) becoming a member AND volunteering. Membership is only $10 a year for individuals and $15 for families. Check out its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/friendsoftheestacadalibrary.org 2014-05-01 16:04:20
- Learn Languages with Pronunciator The new Pronunciator language-learning service is now live and available for all patrons on www.LINCC. org.
Pronunciator offers 80 languages and 4,000 available courses. You can learn how to speak a foreign language with the help of a variety of interactive techniques that make it easy for beginners and advanced learners. It includes interactive ESL for 50 non-English languages. There are apps for Android and Apple devices too.
How to find it:1) Go to www.lincc.org then choose... 2) Online Resources--then look for Pronunciator under... 3) General Interest (it is the last item listed under this category) 4) Log in with your library card number and PIN to access This is just another excellent service available to library users in Clackamas County. Try it!2014-04-19 13:22:34