- The Conversation Project: We Are What We Eat--Oct. 9
We Are What We Eat: Oregon is famous for its food, its agriculture and fisheries, and for its role in the movement to promote whole and local foods.
Join us in the Flora Room Thursday, October 9 at 7 p.m., as Wendy Willis leads this discussion on our relationship to food production, preparation
This program is presented by the Estacada Area Arts Commission and is a program from Oregon Humanities. It is FREE and open to the public.
For more information call the library at 503.630.8273.
- Oldtime Fiddlers Assn. Jams Begin October 19The Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers' Association invites you to join them for old time fiddle and dance music at the library beginning Sunday afternoon October 19 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Flora Room. This event is open to both players and spectators. Musicians who play fiddle, guitar or other acoustic string instruments are welcome. All levels of experience are invited.
The Fiddle Jams will take place every month on the third Sunday. Other upcoming dates are November 16 and December 21.
These events are FREE and open to the public.2014-09-29 12:33:42
- Friends Book Sale Oct. 17, 18, 19The Friends of the Estacada Public Library book sale is happening October 17-20 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the River Mill Elementary School gym/cafeteria, located at 850 N. Broadway St. in Estacada. This will be a huge sale, with more than 8,000 titles that include books, compact discs, DVDs and other items. Most books will cost $.50 to $2.00. Come in on Sunday and fill up a bag for $5. If you're a Friends of the Library member you are eligible for EARLY ADMISSION Friday, October 17 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. If you're not yet a member, consider joining! It's a way to help support your library, either as a contributing member or a volunteer. Join at the door during the book sale. Individual memberships are $10. All proceeds from the sale benefit the Estacada Public Library. Visit the Friends group Web page at www.friendsoftheestacadalibrary.org.2014-09-22 12:42:36
- Friends Lecture Series: Renewable Energy--Oct. 8Friends of the Estacada Public Library is sponsoring a lecture series beginning in October. The schedule is as follows:
October 8, 7 p.m. -- "Renewable Power and Energy Efficiency: How to Get More from Your Energy," is presented by Betsy Kauffman from the Energy Trust of Oregon.November 13, 7 p.m. -- "A Whole Lotta Shakin' Will Be Going On: Earthquakes, Oregon & Preparedness," is presented by David Bugni, P.E., S.E. and member of the Oregon Resilience Plan's Critical/Emergency Building Task Group. January 30, 2015, 7 p.m. -- A Demonstration of a Very Simple Tool to Diminish Everyday Stress and Anxiety and Their Accompanying, Negative Emotions," presented by Grier Cundill, Coppertree Counseling. Additional lectures will be announced in the near future. The programs will take place in the Library Flora Room at 825 NW Wade Street. They are free and open to the public. For more information visit the Friends of the Estacada Library Calendar. 2014-09-08 14:02:22
- Join Friends of the Estacada Public LibraryOur library now has a Friends group! Friends of the Estacada Public Library is already planning events and projects to help promote and support our library. You can get involved by 1) becoming a member 2) becoming a member AND volunteering. Membership is only $10 a year for individuals and $15 for families. Check out its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/friendsoftheestacadalibrary.org 2014-05-01 16:04:20