- Pronunciator Language Learning is HereThe new Pronunciator language-learning service is now live and available for all patrons on www.LINCC. org.
Pronunciator offers 80 languages and 4,000 available courses. You can learn how to speak a foreign language with the help of a variety of interactive techniques that make it easy for beginners and advanced learners. It includes interactive ESL for 50 non-English languages. There are apps for Android and Apple devices too.
How to find it:
1) Go to www.lincc.org then choose...
2) Online Resources--then look for Pronunciator under...
3) General Interest (it is the last item listed under this category)
4) Log in with your library card number and PIN to access
This is just another excellent service available to library users in Clackamas County. Try it!2014-04-19 13:22:34
- Library Action Plan Open Meeting May 1The library's long-range action plan has been in development since January and will be the subject of an open meeting on May 1 at 6:30 p.m. in the Flora Room. Join us to hear what we've done and to give input. This meeting is open to the public and FREE.
- Wii Game Friday for Teens April 25
Wii Game Friday will resume on April 25
Teens aged 12- 17 are invited to play Wii games at the library every Friday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Flora Room. The library has purchased a Wii gaming system and TV with a grant from the Estacada Area Literary Foundation. Come in and play our games, or use your laptop to play other games with your friends using our Wi-Fi. Wii Fridays are FREE and open to all teens.2014-03-20 16:47:46
- Saturday Computer Tutorials in AprilThe library's long-running computer tutorials are expanding to two Saturdays a month beginning on April 12.
Need to improve your computer skills? The library's weekly one-on-one sessions let you work with a tutor on whatever computer questions you have or to learn basic skills.
Every Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. and every other Saturday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. you can schedule a half-hour session to get help with whatever computer questions you have.
Topics can include:
How to use email
Microsoft Word or other software programs
Social media (Facebook, LinkedIn)
eReaders (Kindle, Nook, iPad, downloadable eBooks)
Call the library at 503.630.8273 to reserve a time with our computer tutor.
- Ask a Librarian at AnswerlandHave a reference question and the library is closed? Try Answerland, now available from the Estacada Library's home page. Answerland lets anyone connect to a librarian by live chat, email or text messaging.
Librarians will answer almost anything, but typical topics include homework, using your library, finding a great book to read, and any reference topic.
Live chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thirty-seven Oregon libraries work together to provide this service to everyone who lives, works or goes to school in Oregon.
To use Answerland, click on the link on our home page, under the green "Search Library Catalog" box. This service is free.2013-10-10 16:34:34