- Oldtime Fiddlers Assn. Jams Begin October 19The Oregon Oldtime Fiddlers' Association invites you to join them for old time fiddle and dance music at the library beginning Sunday afternoon October 19 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Flora Room. This event is open to both players and spectators. Musicians who play fiddle, guitar or other acoustic string instruments are welcome. All levels of experience are invited.
The Fiddle Jams will take place every month on the third Sunday. Other upcoming dates are November 16 and December 21.
These events are FREE and open to the public.2014-09-29 12:33:42
- Friends Book Sale Oct. 17, 18, 19The Friends of the Estacada Public Library book sale is happening October 17-20 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the River Mill Elementary School gym/cafeteria, located at 850 N. Broadway St. in Estacada. This will be a huge sale, with more than 8,000 titles that include books, compact discs, DVDs and other items. Most books will cost $.50 to $2.00. Come in on Sunday and fill up a bag for $5. If you're a Friends of the Library member you are eligible for EARLY ADMISSION Friday, October 17 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. If you're not yet a member, consider joining! It's a way to help support your library, either as a contributing member or a volunteer. Join at the door during the book sale. Individual memberships are $10. All proceeds from the sale benefit the Estacada Public Library. Visit the Friends group Web page at www.friendsoftheestacadalibrary.org.2014-09-22 12:42:36
- Join Friends of the Estacada Public LibraryOur library now has a Friends group! Friends of the Estacada Public Library is already planning events and projects to help promote and support our library. You can get involved by 1) becoming a member 2) becoming a member AND volunteering. Membership is only $10 a year for individuals and $15 for families. Check out its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/friendsoftheestacadalibrary.org 2014-05-01 16:04:20
- Learn Languages with Pronunciator The new Pronunciator language-learning service is now live and available for all patrons on www.LINCC. org.
Pronunciator offers 80 languages and 4,000 available courses. You can learn how to speak a foreign language with the help of a variety of interactive techniques that make it easy for beginners and advanced learners. It includes interactive ESL for 50 non-English languages. There are apps for Android and Apple devices too.
How to find it:1) Go to www.lincc.org then choose... 2) Online Resources--then look for Pronunciator under... 3) General Interest (it is the last item listed under this category) 4) Log in with your library card number and PIN to access This is just another excellent service available to library users in Clackamas County. Try it!2014-04-19 13:22:34
- Wii Game Friday for Teens
Teens aged 12- 17 are invited to play Wii games at the library every Friday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Flora Room. The library has purchased a Wii gaming system and TV with a grant from the Estacada Area Literary Foundation. Come in and play our games, or use your laptop to play other games with your friends using our Wi-Fi. Wii Fridays are FREE and open to all teens.2014-03-20 16:47:46