- Noah Cotter Art Exhibit and Reception Sept. 19
Art in the Library
Presented by Estacada Public Library & Estacada Area Arts Commission
"The Benefit of Hindsight," works by Noah Cotter, will be on display at the Library beginning September 19, 2014 through January 2015.
An Artist Reception hosted by Friends of the Estacada Public Library will be held Sept. 19, 7:00 p.m. inside the library. This event is FREE and open to the public. For more information contact the Library at 503.630.8273.2014-09-17 12:34:30
- Friends of the Library Lecture SeriesFriends of the Estacada Public Library is sponsoring a lecture series beginning in October. The schedule is as follows:
October 8, 7 p.m. -- "Renewable Power and Energy Efficiency: How to Get More from Your Energy," is presented by Betsy Kauffman from the Energy Trust of Oregon.
November 13, 7 p.m. -- "A Whole Lotta Shakin' Will Be Going On: Earthquakes, Oregon & Preparedness," is presented by David Bugni, P.E., S.E. and member of the Oregon Resilience Plan's Critical/Emergency Building Task Group.
January 30, 2015, 7 p.m. -- A Demonstration of a Very Simple Tool to Diminish Everyday Stress and Anxiety and Their Accompanying, Negative Emotions," presented by Grier Cundill, Coppertree Counseling.
Additional lectures will be announced in the near future. The programs will take place in the Library Flora Room at 825 NW Wade Street. They are free and open to the public.
For more information visit the Friends of the Estacada Library Calendar.
- Join Friends of the Estacada Public LibraryOur library now has a Friends group!
Friends of the Estacada Public Library is already planning events and projects to help promote and support our library.
You can get involved by 1) becoming a member 2) becoming a member AND volunteering.
Membership is only $10 a year for individuals and $15 for families.
Check out its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/friendsoftheestacadalibrary.org
- Learn Languages with Pronunciator The new Pronunciator language-learning service is now live and available for all patrons on www.LINCC. org.
Pronunciator offers 80 languages and 4,000 available courses. You can learn how to speak a foreign language with the help of a variety of interactive techniques that make it easy for beginners and advanced learners. It includes interactive ESL for 50 non-English languages. There are apps for Android and Apple devices too.
How to find it:
1) Go to www.lincc.org then choose...
2) Online Resources--then look for Pronunciator under...
3) General Interest (it is the last item listed under this category)
4) Log in with your library card number and PIN to access
This is just another excellent service available to library users in Clackamas County. Try it!2014-04-19 13:22:34
- Wii Game Friday for Teens
Teens aged 12- 17 are invited to play Wii games at the library every Friday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Flora Room. The library has purchased a Wii gaming system and TV with a grant from the Estacada Area Literary Foundation. Come in and play our games, or use your laptop to play other games with your friends using our Wi-Fi. Wii Fridays are FREE and open to all teens.2014-03-20 16:47:46