- New Civics for Adults Workshop: Beyond Voting, Sept. 17
Civics for Adults: Beyond Voting: Elections and CampaignsSaturday, September 17 at 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Flora Room Presented by Donna Cohen, MEd, MLIS, Teacher and Librarian The third in a series devoted to civics is everything you want to know about voting. This workshop covers voting rights, voter registration, voter fraud, alternative election options, methods of financing campaigns (PACs, SuperPacs, 501 ©4), redistricting, gerrymandering, and more. This workshop is an opportunity to learn and learn how to educate yourself in our important role as citizens. The workshop is fact-based and non-partisan. Each participant will leave with a five-page resource list on topics covered, that cites sources and provides Web links for further study and information on all the topics. Ms. Cohen has designed this to be an empowering workshop that also presents specific opportunities for civic engagement. This event is free of charge and open to all. For more information contact the library at 503-630-8273 or contact Donna Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Civics for Adults Workshop Series—To enhance civic knowledge and inspire political engagement2016-08-25 10:28:54
- Lego Club Returns Saturday, Sept. 10Guru Blair returns with LEGO fun for all! Lego Club will meet from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Flora Room. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult. Lego Club will also meet on 10/15, 11/19 , and 12/17.2016-08-24 12:09:26
- "Talk Like a Pirate Day" Storytime Sept. 19
Ahoy, mateys! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is coming on September 19 and to celebrate, we're having a Pirate Story Time for kids and their families between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Flora Room. Ms. Deborah will tell pirate tales, plus have crafts, games and sea chanteys to sing! There might even be a Pirate Invasion!
This event is free and open to all.
For more information contact the Library at 503.630.8273.2016-08-16 17:14:50
- Three New Cultural Passes AvailableWilsonville's World of Speed Museum, Salem's Gilbert House Children's Museum and Oregon City's End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive and Visitor Information Center are LINCC's three newest venues for which cultural passes are available. Call the library to reserve a date to use the passes.
Check out cultural passes using your LINCC library card.
Cultural passes allow users free or reduced admission to area attractions. Estacada Library loans cultural passes for:
- World of Speed Museum
- Gilbert House Children's Museum
- End of the Oregon Trail
- Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden
- Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Pittock Mansion
- Portland Art Museum
- Portland Japanese Garden
- Use your Credit or Debit Card at the Library
Now you can pay fines or make purchases at the library with your credit or debit card.Use your card to pay for library fines, lost library items, Chapter 2 used book store sale merchandise, summer reading t-shirts, library tote bags, earbuds, computer thumb drives, dahlia sale tubers (during the May sale, of course!), and any item the library offers for sale. We are happy to finally be able to offer this service to our patrons, thanks to the efforts of your LINCC Network Office. Your county library network staff is always looking for ways to improve library service, in collaboration with your library staff at all Libraries in Clackamas County. Let us know what you think of this service! Comment cards are available at Estacada Library on the Circulation Desk. 2016-02-01 10:36:15