- Summer Reading Ends August 31Summer reading season is winding down but you still have until August 31 to finish up your reading logs. Come to the library by August 31 and show us how much you read to win raffle tickets for prizes.
This year EVERYONE, regardless of age, could participate and the finish dates are the same for everyone.
The Grand Prize for adults is a $50 gift card good for admission, gift shop and snack bar at the Oregon Garden.
Two second place drawings are for an "I Love Oregon" prize package and a Garden Lover's prize package.
Grand prizes for kids include science-oriented games and toys and also scooters with helmets.
- Join Friends of the Estacada Public LibraryOur library now has a Friends group!
Friends of the Estacada Public Library is already planning events and projects to help promote and support our library.
You can get involved by 1) becoming a member 2) becoming a member AND volunteering.
Membership is only $10 a year for individuals and $15 for families.
Check out its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/friendsoftheestacadalibrary.org
- Learn Languages with Pronunciator The new Pronunciator language-learning service is now live and available for all patrons on www.LINCC. org.
Pronunciator offers 80 languages and 4,000 available courses. You can learn how to speak a foreign language with the help of a variety of interactive techniques that make it easy for beginners and advanced learners. It includes interactive ESL for 50 non-English languages. There are apps for Android and Apple devices too.
How to find it:
1) Go to www.lincc.org then choose...
2) Online Resources--then look for Pronunciator under...
3) General Interest (it is the last item listed under this category)
4) Log in with your library card number and PIN to access
This is just another excellent service available to library users in Clackamas County. Try it!2014-04-19 13:22:34
- Wii Game Friday for Teens
Teens aged 12- 17 are invited to play Wii games at the library every Friday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Flora Room. The library has purchased a Wii gaming system and TV with a grant from the Estacada Area Literary Foundation. Come in and play our games, or use your laptop to play other games with your friends using our Wi-Fi. Wii Fridays are FREE and open to all teens.2014-03-20 16:47:46
- Saturday Computer TutorialsThe library's long-running computer tutorials have expanded to two Saturdays a month.
Need to improve your computer skills? The library's weekly one-on-one sessions let you work with a tutor on whatever computer questions you have or to learn basic skills.
Every Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. and every other Saturday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. you can schedule a half-hour session to get help with whatever computer questions you have.
Topics can include:
How to use email
Microsoft Word or other software programs
Social media (Facebook, LinkedIn)
eReaders (Kindle, Nook, iPad, downloadable eBooks)
Call the library at 503.630.8273 to reserve a time with our computer tutor.