- Author Judy Beaudoin Talks "Boxed Wine at Sunset" March 20
Our next author event is on Thursday, March 20, with author and Estacada resident Judy Beaudoin, who will talk about her memoir Boxed Wine at Sunset.
Boxed Wine chronicles the adventures of two middle-aged Americans who see their children off to college, sell their home and cars, join the U.S. Peace Corps and serve for two glorious and itchy years in the country of Vanuatu in the South Pacific.A reception begins the event at 6 p.m. followed by Judy's presentation at 6:30 p.m. Copies of the book will be available for sale and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to a scholarship fund for students at the University of the South Pacific.
This event is FREE.
For more information contact the Library at 503.630.82732014-03-05 16:45:03
- Sign up for Computer Tutorial SessionsNeed to improve your computer skills? The library's weekly one-on-one sessions let you work with a tutor on whatever computer questions you have or to learn basic skills. Every Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. you can schedule a half-hour session to get help with whatever computer questions you have. Topics can include: How to use email Microsoft Word or other software programs Social media (Facebook, LinkedIn) Online security eReaders (Kindle, Nook, iPad, downloadable eBooks) Call the library at 503.630.8273 to reserve a time with our computer tutor. 2014-02-27 13:15:43
- Tax Forms Online and at the LibraryIt's tax preparation time again and the library can provide instruction books & forms and links to them online.
Once again this year we have limited copies of FEDERAL tax instruction booklets for Form 1040, Form 1040A and Form 1040EZ. Once they are gone we don't receive more.
We will not have instruction booklets for Oregon state tax forms.
We can also print copies of any tax form that is available on the IRS Web site or the State of Oregon Web site.
You MUST know the exact number of the form you want. Our staff cannot advise you on which tax form to use.To find and print forms at home, go to the following Web sites: FEDERAL http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs STATE OF OREGON http://www.oregon.gov/DOR/pages/forms.aspx2014-02-10 16:43:59
- Ask a Librarian at AnswerlandHave a reference question and the library is closed? Try Answerland, now available from the Estacada Library's home page. Answerland lets anyone connect to a librarian by live chat, email or text messaging. Librarians will answer almost anything, but typical topics include homework, using your library, finding a great book to read, and any reference topic. Live chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thirty-seven Oregon libraries work together to provide this service to everyone who lives, works or goes to school in Oregon. To use Answerland, click on the link on our home page, under the green "Search Library Catalog" box. This service is free.2013-10-10 16:34:34
- Check out a Cultural PassThe Library offers passes for free and discount admission to five different Portland-area attractions: Portland Art Museum (discount) Portland Children's Museum Lan Su Chinese Garden Portland Japanese Garden Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden Users must have a valid LINCC library card in good standing to check out a Cultural Pass. To reserve a pass, call the library at 503.630.8273.2013-09-13 15:06:26