The ABC’s of Parenting: Managing Anger, Behavior Modification, and Communications
Flora Community Room, Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 1:00 p.m.
Need help with the challenges of parenting? This workshop, “The ABC’s of Parenting,” is designed to give parents specific tools and proven strategies for managing and changing children’s negative behaviors.
In this workshop presenter Christina M. Dalpiaz will teach parents skills in:
- Managing anger more effectively
- Redirecting children’s inappropriate behavior
- Behavior modification and positive reinforcement
- Innovative communication techniques to identify with individual children’s needs
- Time management strategies to improve quality time with your children
- Different parenting styles to meet the needs of each family
Dalpiaz is a Colorado-based Certified Addiction Counselor (CACIII) and victims’ advocate with degrees in psychology and early childhood education. She has dedicated her career to helping adults understand the impact of family violence on child development, and is the author of several books, including Breaking Free, Starting Over: Parenting in the Aftermath of Family Violence (available at the Estacada Library).
The workshop lasts approximately two hours. THIS PROGRAM IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.